Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Click below the post to see older post
Click below the post to see newer post
Click at the corner to go back to the homepage of my blog

Friday, August 1, 2008

The Tales of Beedle the Bard

mood : (ú_ú) blue mood


Hmm I'm not in a good mood now but I don't know why. I feel so strange and start to think that i'm not as good as people think. :(

Okay back to the topic, this morning I read this shocking news.. (ò_ô)

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a new book  from J.K. Rowling, the author of my favourite books Harry Potter series will be published for the public on December 4, 2008. Actually, Rowling produced a limited edition of seven copies, each handwritten and illustrated by herself. I read from wikipedia that one of them, the moonstone edition, was offered for auction and was expected to sell for £50,000 ($103,000), and ultimately it was bought for £1.95 million ($3.98 million) by Amazon, making the selling price the highest achieved at auction for a modern literary manuscript. ($_$)

Well of course, you guys will think why Rowling made 7 books, right? Six books will be given to six people who were most involved with the Harry Potter series and she decided to sell the last book at auction in order to raise funds for The Children's Voice charity campaign.

And owh yeah the picture you see above is the cover of the handwritten version.

8(>_<)8 I want that book badly, I mean the limited edition. But absolutely that's impossible. :c

No comments: